In 1995 the central servers were upgraded with:
- distributed workstation cluster based on SUN SPARC20 required for works within the projects
CMS and ATLAS;
- NICE-server providing experimental operation of the NICE system at JINR. At present the
system amounts 65 users from all Institute laboratories.
Thus, besides the mentioned ones, the JINR central servers include presently:
- cluster of integrated vector parallel computers CONVEX-220 and CONVEX-120 with top
power of about 120 Mflops;
- 17 Mips cluster of three two-processor computers of VAX type;
- 14 Mips VME ES computer complex.
The computer CDC-6500 was removed in early 1995, and the programs of some physical
groups were transferred on EC, VAX and PCs.