| Evgenij Petrovich Zhidkov (1926 - 2007)
E.P. Jidkov - Doctor of physics and mathematics, professor.
Outstanding scientist in applied mathematics and
Made a valuable contribution to the creation of new
effective mathematical methods in solving the problems
of elementary particles physics, nuclear physics,
condensed matter physics, calculation of the physical
installations at the JINR and other physics centres.
Founded a scientific school for 'applied' mathematicians.
Under his leadership defended were about 50 Master's
Thesis and his 7 pupils became the Doctors of Science.
1948 - graduated from Ckuibyshev teacher training colleage
with a first-class diploma,
was recommended to the post-graduate course in the
Moscow University mechanical and mathematical department
1952 - defence of his Master's Thesis under the leadership of
academician I.G. Petrovsky. Was assigned to work at a Research Institute.
Creation of the first Soviet computer, participation
in creation of the 'Strela' machine and some specialized
1954-1959 - associate professor of the mathematics department
at the Moscow Engineering and Physics Institute
1959 - leader of the Computational mathematics department and
adding machines at the LTP JINR
1963 - leader of the LCTA Computing Centre
1966 - leader of the Computational mathematics Department at LCTA
1970 - defended his doctor's thesis
1973 - received his professor degree since
1994 - 2007 - adviser of the LCTA (since 2000 - LIT) Directorate
- Prizes, awards.
- Medal "Veteran of Labour"
- Order "People's Republic Bulgaria"
- Two orders "Cyril and Mephody"
- Order of "People's Friendship"
- 1975 - Order of the Labour Red Banner
- 1982 - Silver Order of Merit (Poland)
- 1996 - Certificate of Honour of the Ministry and Presidium of Central Committee
of the Union of workers of atomic energy
- 1996 - Honorary Worker of Higher Special Education of Russia
- 1997 - Honorary Title "Honored Worker of Science of the Russian Federation"
- 2006 - Title "Honourable employee of JINR"
- JINR Prizes.
1989 - "Methods of numerical modelling, software complexes and calculations with the computers of magnetic systems of electro-physical installations". Scientific and technical applied work. Encouraging prize.