| Igor Nickolaevich Silin (1936 - 2006)
I.N. Silin - Doctor of physics and mathematics,
Specialist in developmen of methods of nonlinear
functionals minimization. One of the authors of many scientific works
dedicated to phase analysis that were performed at JINR
His work was connected with development and creation of the mathematical
and software support of the BESM-6 computer
Last years his work was related to experimental
data processing. Under his leadership were defended 7 Master's Thesis.
1959 - graduated from the physics department of the Moscow University
Since 1959 - Junior Researcher, LTP JINR.
1964 - defended his Master's Thesis
1966 - elaboration of the software support for the BESM-6 computer at
1971 - creation of a new version of the BESM-6 controller
1973 - defence of the doctor's Thesis
1987 - received his professor degree
1995 - head of the scientific department of software development at LCTA
2000 - 2006 - Principal Researcher of the Division of Software and Information
Support at LIT
- Prizes, awards.
- 1974 - Order of "Labour Red Banner"
- 1986 - Prize of the USSR Council of Ministers
- 2003 - Veteran of Atomic Engineering and Industry
- 2006 - Honorary diploma of JINR
- Prizes of JINR.
- 1969 - "System of BESM-6 software with a compiler from
FORTRAN". Scientific and methodical activities.
- 1972 - "Development and increase of efficiency of BESM-6 machine". Scientific and methodical work.